Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday, Sunday!

Ok, so there it is. I posted the Wavy sock pattern as a blog post, because I don't have the capability to post a PDF, which would be really nice, because you could easily print it. Please help me find any errors in the pattern -I've of coure read through it many times, but as you probably know, you're always so blind to your own errors.

Then I have a question for fellow bloggers: how do you deal with spam comments? I knew it would happen sooner or later, and now it has. Some of you may even have noticed. There's an "anonymous" person leaving comments, the same or almost the same comment to every post, with a link to a loan website. (By the way, anonymous, if you're reading this, F*** off, go find another place for your advertising!!!) I've been removing them as I find them, but it's time consuming in the long run. So my question is, what do you do with them? Is that one of the weaknesses of Blogger that you can't really do so much about them? I'd be happy to hear about ways to prevent spam, and tips for getting rid of them.

The blue cardi recipient did agree to do a photo shoot, although I can only blame myself for not being so good at photographing a moving object...


The proud owner of a new cardi:
Ok, so there's a pocket here...
But where's the other one?!?
Mom, you forgot the other pocket!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it possible to set Blogger to not accept anonymous comments? I have seen Blogger blogs accepting only those with blogger id. You'll of course shut out those without Blogger id, but it could be a temporary solution. Then there are filtering services, is perhaps any of them available to Blogger?

Anonymous said...

Oh he's so cute, and the sweater fits him perfectly!

About the spam comments, in blogger I think you can turn on this feature where the commenter has to type in a sequence of letters which are displayed as a screwed up picture. That should keep the automated spam comments away.

Anonymous said...

Very cute cardi. Anyways, I got the bread and roll recipe from www.breadbeckers.com. They have a book called the Bread Becker's Recipe Collection for $6 and I just used the one called Basic Bread Dough. Have fun!

beadlizard said...

What a charmer! That cardi is perfect. --Syl

HPNY KNITS said...

he is sooooooo adorable. oh, and the cardi is cute too...