Thursday, July 06, 2006

phew...

I did have enough yarn! Yay! This is where we're at tonight:
Unblocked, ends not woven in (see the pieces of yarn hanging?), but I had to try it on to see, if it fits, and lo and behold, it does! Getting this top done has been such a long and sometimes painful process that I'm really, really happy that it actually fits very nicely. About the neckline, remember how I said it was 30 cm wide in the pattern? I knit the front twice as high after starting the armhole shaping than what was instructed, and still my bra strap manages to peak from the side. That might get fixed by doing the finishing on the neck, though.

This is all I have left of the yarn:Huh? Crocheted squares? Why, yes. This yarn has wanted to be so many things, and none of them just would work out! So it was about time to have something finished. And by the way, since this was the hmm... fourth thing I was making out of it, it was all in short pieces, and I have about a 100 ends to weave in! But because this yarn started as a crocheted edge, I think that's how the project needs to end, too, and I will try a cute crocheted picot type edge for the neck line. We'll see how it turns out... but it should fix those curling shoulder straps right up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top fits you very well. Nice work well done.

dulcedosa said...

WHOA LOTTA! I love it. Can I buy the pattern when you're done? PEAS!?

Lotta said...

Thanks for the comments, girls! I don't think I'd be comfortable selling the pattern, since it's based on somebody elses (the magazine), but I can sure tell what I did different, which is quite a few things... :) I just need to take the time to write it all down, that's all. So please come back for more -there might be other free patterns available later, too, who knows! ;)