Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Possibly about half way done...

Here's my progress so far on Eunny's shawl:I'm 20 pattern repeats into it, and I'm contemplating about how long to make it. Eunny's pattern has 34 repeats in it, and with lace weight yarn (which is what I'm using) that would be 80 inches long. That's a little long for my taste, and now I'm trying to decide how much too long. It's hard to say how long this will actually turn out without blocking. Oh, yes, and I did make a test swatch, but it wasn't big enough to get any good measurements anyway, just to try out the pattern. Another change I made was that I'm knitting the center panel in one piece. It doesn't bother me that the waves don't fall off both shoulders symmetrically.

I have to finish this shawl quickly, because I've already got my eyes on the next one, namely the Hyrna Herborgar. I'm still waiting for the
book (scroll down for Three-Cornered and Long Shawls) in the mail, but I've already got the yarn for it. My plan is to use the redyed Shimmer, which based on other knitters' pictures, should fit the pattern well weight-wise. I can't wait to cast on...

No comments: