Sunday, January 25, 2015

Vitamin D-2


Some extra vitamin D is surely needed here in the depths of winter! I really loved my first Vitamin D sweater so I decided to make another one in a different color. That was about two years ago... I lost steam a couple of times, and recently this sweater has been just laying around, waiting for the ends to be woven in and to get a good blocking. Somehow I finally got the urge to finish this sweater that had languished in the UFO basket for so long.



 The reason for the contrast color is that I was going to run out of yarn and was not going to be able to find the same dye lot anymore (another reason to get stalled on the progress). I thought that a clearly different color would look better than just a slightly different one.

 
 

The poor sweater has been in UFO state so long that I've lost the ball bands and can't remember what the yarn was. Some fingering weight alpaca that only comes in natural colors... Needle size? perhaps 3.5 mm. Or 3.25 mm.

2 comments:

Jocelynn said...

That looks absolutely beautiful! Well done!

Lotta said...

Thanks, Jocelynn!